Posted 18 сентября 2020,, 13:18
Published 18 сентября 2020,, 13:18
Modified 24 декабря 2022,, 22:38
Updated 24 декабря 2022,, 22:38
Politician Vladimir Milov analyzed in his blog the resolution that the European Parliament adopted yesterday on the case of Alexey Navalny:
- This is the most comprehensive international document to date, which fully describes the picture of the situation, directly linking the attempted assassination of Navalny with his political activities and emphasizing that Novichok-type chemical warfare agents are in service only with the Russian authorities and cannot be controlled by private individuals, and even if this happened, then according to the international Convention on Chemical Weapons, such a leak is still the responsibility of the Russian authorities.
At the same time, an attempted murder is directly called an attempted murder, and the responsibility is directly, without equivocation, rests with the Russian authorities - because only they own the Novichok and only they can produce it, and even if they have released him somewhere out of control, then by to the international agreements ratified by Russia, this is also their direct and unequivocal fault.
- Do not think that the European Parliament, which adopted the document, is some kind of "advisory body". The document was adopted by 532 votes in favor (75% of the list of members of the European Parliament, consisting of 705 deputies) - these are the votes of the largest parties and factions that are not only in power in all EU countries, but also form the governing bodies of the European Union. In fact, the current governing bodies of the European Union are a parliamentary coalition of the largest fractions of the European Parliament, which approved these bodies (the governing bodies of the EU are essentially a coalition of the parliamentary majority).
That is, the resolution on Navalny is not just the position of the deputies, it is the position of the largest parties that make up the authorities of (1) all EU countries, (2) the European Union itself (center-right, moderate Eurosceptics, social democrats, liberals, greens). Before the vote, of course, the draft was discussed with all the largest European party structures.
Only 156 deputies representing the ultra-right and ultra-left factions - well, in short of all Putin's paid whores in Europe, voted "against" or abstained. A classic coalition of communists and fascists in the spirit of 1939 and the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. The good news is that these marginal parties are practically not represented in the leadership of the EU countries and have no influence on the political decisions of the European Union.
- The resolution for the first time at such a large level requires the launch of an independent international investigation into the assassination attempt of Navalny - this is exactly what we wanted. I think that such an investigation will be launched in the near future, especially since there is plenty of material evidence and evidence.
- Who will make practical decisions on the international investigation of the attempted murder of Navalny and on sanctions? The European Parliament asks the executive bodies of the European Union to take appropriate steps and further actions depend on them, but:
- As I have already stressed, 75% of the political forces of the EU and the largest parties are behind today's resolution, which actually form the governing bodies of the EU and the nation states of Europe, and the resolution is not just "recommendatory", but reflects the position of the largest governments and countries with which, of course, there were detailed consultations;
- The content of the resolution is shared by the head of the EU Foreign Ministry Josep Borrell (who was at its first discussion on Tuesday and also spoke very harshly about the poisoning of Navalny as an unambiguous assassination attempt), and the head of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, and the heads of France and Germany, Emmanuel Macron and Angela Merkel, and many others in the EU who have already made statements on this topic.
So the reaction will definitely be...