Posted 22 января 2021,, 06:28
Published 22 января 2021,, 06:28
Modified 24 декабря 2022,, 22:37
Updated 24 декабря 2022,, 22:37
Anna Serebryannikva, head of the Information Infrastructure working group uniting the main operators, sent a letter to the ministry, RBC specifies.
The letter says that the Ministry of Digital Science recommended that operators again start uploading geodata of those infected with coronavirus to the ministry's system in Buryatia, the Orenburg region, Primorye, Transbaikalia and the Krasnoyarsk Territory. Since December 3, the operators specify, the number of cases in these regions has increased by 1.4-1.6 times. The ministry indicated that the regions themselves asked to resume the transfer of data on the infected.
“In our opinion, the provision of services by telecom operators for processing and transferring data to the monitoring system should be carried out on a reimbursable basis within the framework of contractual relations”, - Serebryannikova believes.
Representatives of the department indicated that the operators spent not so many resources on such surveillance, since the software had already been developed, and only a few specialists were enough to organize the ministry's request, who would be employed part-time.
"It is surprising that some operators want to earn extra money while the whole country is fighting the coronavirus", - the ministry said.
It's worth reminding that the Moscow authorities have previously decided to start tracking city pedestrians using MAC addresses. But after the project, worth almost 160 million rubles, was in jeopardy due to the update of the operating systems of smartphones.