Posted 2 апреля 2021,, 08:26

Published 2 апреля 2021,, 08:26

Modified 24 декабря 2022,, 22:36

Updated 24 декабря 2022,, 22:36

Doctors in Blagoveshchensk performed heart surgery in a burning cardio center

Doctors in Blagoveshchensk performed heart surgery in a burning cardio center

2 апреля 2021, 08:26
Фото: Newsaboutworld/Twitter
The surgeons of the Blagoveshchensk cardio center, in which the fire began, were able to complete open-heart surgery, rescue and evacuate the patient from the burning building.

The fire in the building of the Blagoveshchensk cardiology clinic began on the morning of April 2. The roof was on fire in the building. According to emergency services, the area of fire was 1600 sq. meters. An unmanned aerial system was used to conduct reconnaissance from the air. About 120 people were evacuated from the building built in 1905-1907.

When the fire started, surgeons operated on one of the patients. Eight doctors were with the patient at the time of the operation. Despite the fire alarm, none of the doctors stopped working or fled from the burning building.

“The operation was performed on an open heart. It was impossible to stop her. It was successful. The patient and the operating team were evacuated after the completion of the operation", - Interfax reports.

After the evacuation, the patient was transferred to the intensive care unit of the regional hospital in the presence of a specialized intensive care team. The patient's condition is assessed as stable, there is no threat to life.

According to the regional Ministry of Health, by 8.00 am Moscow time, 16 patients were transferred from the cardiology center to the regional clinical hospital, 13 of them were transported by ambulance teams, three by employees of the disaster medicine center.

Depending on the severity of the condition, the patients were assigned to the cardiology and intensive care departments of the Amur Regional Clinical Hospital. None of the patients were injured during the evacuation.

The fire was localized. Problems with electrical wiring were named as a preliminary cause of the incident.