Posted 13 мая 2021,, 18:39

Published 13 мая 2021,, 18:39

Modified 24 декабря 2022,, 22:37

Updated 24 декабря 2022,, 22:37

Galyaviyev spent almost a month preparing for an attack on a school in Kazan

Galyaviyev spent almost a month preparing for an attack on a school in Kazan

13 мая 2021, 18:39
The Investigative Committee has restored the course of events of the attack on the gymnasium No. 175 in Kazan, as a result of which nine people died, including seven children.

As it became known to Kommersant, the attack on the school was not spontaneous - the arrested Ilnaz Galyaviyev, who staged a bloody massacre in his former school, had been preparing for the attack for almost a month. On April 12, he received permission to purchase weapons, after which two days later he bought a Hatsan Escort semi-automatic rifle for 30 thousand rubles and cartridges for it. After that, on the Internet, he found instructions for making explosives based on saltpeter and ordered the ingredients for the bomb on the Internet. Then he made two explosives, one of which he left in his apartment, and the other he took with him to school.

Preparations for the attack on the school went unnoticed, since Galyaviyev's relatives moved to the dacha due to his inappropriate behavior. At the same time, back in 2020, Galyaviyev was diagnosed with a brain disease that could be the cause of his aggressive behavior.

On the day of the attack, he visited the school twice. The first time he was not allowed to enter the checkpoint. At the same time, when Galyaviyev, when he first visited the school, there was no gun.

The second time he visited the school at about half past nine in the morning on May 11, wearing a mask with the inscription "God" and a gun loaded with five rounds. The rest of the cartridges were in his backpack. Later, during interrogation, he admitted that two months ago he realized himself to be a god.

He burst into the school practically with a fight, wounding, at the same time, one of the teachers. He then walked through the corridors looking for victims and planted a bomb outside the English class. Fortunately, no one was injured in the explosion. Over the loudspeaker, the school administration asked all teachers to close the doors to the classrooms and not open them. Galyaviyev reached the third floor in search of victims and broke into the classroom at 8 "a", where he began shooting at the students and the teacher. Approaching the window, he continued shooting at the children running out of the school. His victims were two adults and seven children. Another 20 people were injured. They received injuries also because of jumping out of windows, trying to escape from the attacker.

After that, Galyaviyev was warned over the loudspeaker of the arrival of the security forces, as the watchman managed to press the panic button. Galyaviyev himself went to the security forces, leaving the weapon at the school. He did not resist the arrest.

On May 12, the court arrested Galyaviyev for two months. In a criminal case for the murder of several people, he faces life imprisonment. The forensic examination showed that there were no drugs and alcohol in his body. A psychiatric examination will also be scheduled in the near future.

The military registration and enlistment office, meanwhile, explained the reason that Ilnaz Galyaviyev was recognized as fit for military service and was planned to be drafted into the army, reports. It was registered in 2018. Then, he was assigned the category B-3 due to myopia, no other deviations were found. As stated in the military registration and enlistment office, in 2017, when undergoing a medical examination "in the list of complaints of the conscript, Galyaviyev I.R. for all doctors, specialists, including a psychiatrist and a neurologist, indicated" no complaints "with his own hand.