Posted 27 мая 2021,, 10:42

Published 27 мая 2021,, 10:42

Modified 24 декабря 2022,, 22:37

Updated 24 декабря 2022,, 22:37

"They didn't pay for the security!" Bastrykin reproached the parents of Kazan gymnasium students

27 мая 2021, 10:42
Chairman of the Investigative Committee Alexander Bastrykin (pictured) called the reason for the tragedy on May 11 in Kazan, where 19-year-old graduate Ilnaz Galyaviyev detonated an explosive device and shot nine people, the lack of security, for which the pupils' parents did not want to pay.

"The school was not guarded, although there was a security agreement. I ask the headmistress: "Why did not they guard the school?" - "The parents were against it", - "Why?", they refused. There was no security, although the agreement existed", - RIA Novosti quoted Alexander Bastrykin's words.

The head of the Investigative Committee added that after the tragedy in Kerch, where on October 17, 2018, a student of the local polytechnic college Vladislav Roslyakov killed more than 20 people, the authorities "took a long time to understand and made their proposals to exclude conditions that contributed to crimes of this kind... but today they returned to the instructions given by the leadership of the country and the government. I report that 50% of all instructions that were given in a broad sense, ranging from the protection of schools, ending with educational work, have not been fulfilled - this is the result".

After the attack on the Kazan gymnasium, Ilnaz Galyaviyev was detained, which is a rarity in such cases - usually then the public is shown the murderer's corpse, claiming that he committed suicide. In addition to the victims, 25 people were injured as a result of the tragedy. The detainee was charged with mass murder (part 2 of article 105 of the Criminal Code), the Kommersant newspaper notes.

The Investigative Committee has restored the course of events of the attack on the gymnasium in Kazan. It was not spontaneous - arrested Ilnaz Galyaviyev, who staged a bloody massacre at his former school, had been preparing for the attack for almost a month.