Posted 13 сентября 2021, 06:39

Published 13 сентября 2021, 06:39

Modified 24 декабря 2022, 22:38

Updated 24 декабря 2022, 22:38

Изображение материала

Ethylene glycol found in blood of victims of watermelon poisoning

13 сентября 2021, 06:39
In the blood of a 61-year-old pensioner and a 15-year-old girl who died after eating a watermelon from "Magnit" shop situated on Sovkhoznaya Street in Moscow, traces of ethylene glycol, a substance with toxic and poisonous effects, were found.
Moscow region

This is reported by REN TV, Izvestia and Channel Five, citing their sources. Experts point out that the ingestion of this poison or its solutions into the body can lead to irreversible processes.

As a reminder, on September 10, it became known about the poisoning of three people from the same family with a watermelon purchased at the Magnit store. The grandmother and granddaughter died, the mother was hospitalized in the intensive care unit. Later, three more residents of the house on Sovkhoznaya Street were taken to the hospital, but they did not eat the watermelon from Magnit.

In the meantime, the store was sealed and a consignment of watermelons was seized from it.