Posted 8 февраля 2022,, 07:02
Published 8 февраля 2022,, 07:02
Modified 24 декабря 2022,, 22:38
Updated 24 декабря 2022,, 22:38
A test drive of a unique car was arranged by Channel One journalists, who decided to try on the role of pioneers. But first, one of the mechanics, Dmitry Boykov, spoke about his invention, standing at the engine:
- What used to be subject to a spring now makes a magnet. And this is only the beginning of implementation in the internal combustion engine. Coils can be placed in it and an electromotive force will arise here - EMF. It will be possible to remove the generator, because without any effort we will begin to receive electricity.
In the "modernized" Lada Priora, the gas distribution mechanism does not contain valve springs, the entire scheme of operation is built on rare earth materials - the so-called "permanent magnets". Such modernization of the valve system allowed to increase efficiency, reduce fuel consumption and even increase the number of horsepower under the hood.
Internal combustion engines are complex machines in which fuel driven by many mechanisms is converted first into heat and then into energy. Without this, the car will not move. Sometimes, in order for the engine to simply start and warm up, gasoline consumption is estimated at several liters per hour. And this is almost 100 rubles thrown out through the exhaust pipe. Mechanics made sure that Lada Priora usually spends these three liters per 100 kilometers. The whole trick is that the spring, which is in the engine, returns the piston to its original position, the Tarbeev craftsmen replaced it with a magnet. And life became easier.
- The exhaust is clean, - said Alexander Yanin . - Gasoline burns out completely. In a conventional engine, about 30 percent flies out, because of this, catalysts are installed so that there is afterburning. It turns out that we pay for gasoline, which must still burn.
- To date, our car has covered 1427 km. We were told at the plant that if it works for at least half an hour, this is already a victory. That is, in principle, it will be possible to refine it. At first we thought: what if coils are installed in the engine? Due to the magnets, an electromotive force will be induced, which will make it possible to abandon the generator, - said Dmitry Baikov.
Journalist Lyudmila Kuserova got behind the wheel of a Lada Priora. The creators of the new engine promised her that even when switching from low revs to fifth gear, there would be no jerks. Somewhere under the hood, magnets worked confidently. Tes-drive was "excellent"
Mechanical engineer Yuri Kropachev, according to him , is well acquainted with the Mordovian invention. He, in particular, clarified "NI" that his authors excluded valve springs from the gas distribution mechanism (GDM), assigning the function of returning the valve to the seat on the magnetic camshaft cam.
- By the way, they tried to replace the classic valve spring before, and in some cases successfully. Many different mechanisms were offered - here and several springs inserted one into the other, and the famous Ducati desmodromic drive, and Formula 1 pneumatic pushers. There were also experiments with magnets. However, with the observed increase in temperature, the magnetic properties weakened, and at high speeds, the magnetic cams did not return the valves too well. In addition, such a mechanism is difficult to disassemble and assemble - wear products are magnetized to the working surface.
An engine assembled in Torbeev can indeed have reduced friction in the timing, but experts have doubts that it will hardly pass the test with long runs, high speeds and temperatures. And the idea to remove the EMF by installing coils over magnets in order to abandon the classical generator looks completely utopian. It is likely that the cams will simply cease to magnetize properly and perform their direct function, Kropachev believes.
As it turned out from social networks, car craftsmen from Mordovia nevertheless patented their invention. However, his further fate is not known.
"Experts, in my opinion, should be very skeptical of such "inventions" that appear annually both in Russia and in other countries", - auto expert Stanislav Pavlov told NI. - "Global auto giants spend hundreds of millions of dollars on such developments, but for some reason it never occurred to them to use magnets. And three men from the Mordovian outback in the garage, you see, managed to surprise everyone with their discovery. And then - the fact that this engine works in one copy may not work in series. It requires verification of scientists, perhaps even entire research institutes. Laboratory researches, tests are necessary", - the autoexpert considers.
The editor-in-chief of Radio Avtodor, Anton Chuikin, commented on the news about the innovation of three auto mechanics from the village of Torbeyevo:
- We are talking about a certain improvement of the engine. But I did not hear the details either about the idea or about the effect. Whether this is a camshaft replacement, or another improvement in the valve drive. More questions than answers. To be honest, I'm somewhat skeptical about this.
The expert believes that a modern car requires a serious approach, large companies are working on its improvement. In particular, the valve drive - springs, pushers, they have been trying to replace all this rather complicated mechanics for more than a year. For example, BMW has interesting developments in electric valve actuation, including serial ones.
- It's great that simple mechanics in Mordovia make such inventions. Honor and praise to them! But in order to evaluate the effect, of course, these 1400 km are extremely small. Yes, and the sounded fuel economy needs to be verified by serious tests. However, as a technical idea, it may be interesting, - Anton Chuikin told NI.