Posted 23 декабря 2022,, 12:21

Published 23 декабря 2022,, 12:21

Modified 24 декабря 2022,, 22:38

Updated 24 декабря 2022,, 22:38

200 people poisoned at London Christmas party

200 people poisoned at London Christmas party

23 декабря 2022, 12:21
Фото: Медиахолдинг1Mi
In London, 200 people were hospitalized due to carbon monoxide poisoning at a Christmas party in a Turkish restaurant on the night of December 21-22.

According to RBC, citing data from a representative of the National Health Service of England, the incident occurred at the Gokyuzu restaurant in east London.

Feeling unwell during the holiday, the guests began to call the National Health Service en masse.

The casualties have been referred to three hospitals in London - University College Hospital, Whittington and the Royal Free Hospital.

When examining patients, many in the body revealed a high level of carbon monoxide in the body. According to British media, the restaurant was not closed: it continues to operate and take orders on its website.

In recent years, reports of carbon monoxide poisoning of people have been received regularly. At the beginning of this year, poisonings occurred in the Kuban and in Karachay- Cherkessia. In February, two workers died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning during work at the Solnechny Bereg sanatorium in Gelendzhik, Krasnodar Territory. Another worker was injured. In May, two children and two adults died from gas poisoning in Dolgoprudny near Moscow, and in September 12 people were poisoned by carbon monoxide in a Dagestan cafe. Experts believe that the cause of poisoning could be a malfunction of one of the cooking units.