Posted 3 марта 14:32
Published 3 марта 14:32
Modified 3 марта 14:52
Updated 3 марта 14:52
The alarming news is actively spreading on social networks that one of the last opportunities for Russians to obtain citizenship of another country without problems, in this case Grenada, is being closed.
Readers are encouraged to think about citizenship as quickly as possible. However, there is no official confirmation of these reports yet. It is only known that over the weekend, five prime ministers of Caribbean countries that provide investment citizenship programs met with representatives of the US government. The results of the meeting have not yet been made public, but unpleasant rumors that Grenada, which was the last to accept applications from the Russians, will soon stop doing this, are already creeping.
Therefore, many channels advise their readers who are considering the option of obtaining citizenship through investments in Grenada not to wait for official decisions that may come into force within a few months, but in the meantime quickly spend $150,000 on investments or on the purchase of real estate, and get citizenship.
It is known that the passport of Grenada is today one of the most financially accessible, and possession of it opens visa-free access to more than 180 countries, including the European Union. And besides:
- the possibility of opening foreign accounts;
- the property can be sold in 5 years, keeping the second passport;
- the application can include a spouse, children, parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters;
- citizenship is inherited;
- the passport registration procedure has been fully transferred online;
- access to the US E-2 visa (not available for citizens of the Russian Federation.
The channels list other opportunities for obtaining a second citizenship, which are still open to Russian citizens:
- you can take advantage of repatriation by collecting a bundle of documents with an apostille, where nationality and proven origin will be indicated, and fly to Israel, Romania or Bulgaria.
- you can get a second citizenship "for special services" to the state or making a contribution to the economy, art, sports, but this applies only in Serbia.
- you can marry a citizen of the country and get a second citizenship in Spain and Slovakia.
And that, alas, is all…
As financial analyst Yevvgeny Kogan writes: "For many, alternative citizenship has become critically important. How many stories have I heard that you can't open an account, you can't transfer money and you won't get it! Banks in Europe are very timid: they prefer to step aside at the sight of a Russian passport. And then you never know what? It's not just doing business here – it's impossible to live like a human being. If only the banks, then it's half the trouble. The financial infrastructure is well developed in friendly jurisdictions.
Everyone can see that the sanctions pressure is increasing, package by package. The further it goes, the more problems interaction with Russians can cause even to those who do not think about any geopolitics, but quietly issue citizenship for investments somewhere in the Caribbean Islands.
In fact, Grenada remains the only country in the Caribbean that accepts and, most importantly, approves applications from Russian investors for citizenship. And even that, according to experts, will close literally within a few days or weeks...".