The sharks of film critics even resort to to all forms of humor, telling in articles and posts about the achievements of Russian cinema in 2020.
Film critic Larisa Malyukova played with Lenin's quote from the article “In Memory of Herzen” on her page in the FB: “The circle of these revolutionaries is narrow. They are terribly far from the people ", to shoot an arrow at the winner in the number of nominations - Andrey Kravchuk's film" Union of Salvation ":
- " Gold eagle " how boomerang . it highly convenient . Sami myself finance themselves relieve themselves and reward . it I about " Union salvation ". More than 13 nominations . Well done ! AND perky operetta fairy tale " Sagittarius " - about 10 times challenger . " Blockade diary " by the whole visibility slipped through by quota MIFF . Serials also notable , especially " Magomayev ". AND acting work ... in general narrow circle of " best " and scary far away they from people, - said one of the world's most respected film critics.
Films based on real events and with a large budget, "Union of Salvation", "Streltsov", according to Kinopoisk, with a very low rating of film critics: 20 - "Streltsov" and 39 - "Union of Salvation". Is that not lazy bitingly did not go through the stories about the Decembrists and the outstanding football player Eduard Streltsov. If we compare the most violent opinions with laudatory ones, then the two main contenders for the Golden Eagle are far from masterpieces.
One of the most cited film critics, Zinaida Pronchenko, was very surprised by the leaders of the short list of the Golden Eagle award:
- The Union of Salvation claims the title of the best film (and in 14 more nominations) - that's really necrophilia that died and was buried, again got it and put it at the table at the age of 21. And "Streltsov"? I thought its creators were glad that they crossed the rolling desert with small dashes and remained unnoticed, - Zinaida Pronchenko shared her observations.
Film critic Vyacheslav Shmyrov bluntly accused the Golden Eagle Award of abuse of family ties and cronyism:
- The year, of course, was not in any way a breakthrough, but still not to such an extent as to reduce it to six titles in film production (plus four more, where there is one secondary nomination), the television series "Magomayev" to be included in the number of the best TV series years, and present the creative youth with the names of Alexei Uchitel's son and Nikita Mikhalkov's daughter.
As a result, we got a list not "about art" and not "about life."
This list could, of course, be "about audience success", but none of the films that got into the "Best Film" nomination, as I understand it, have reached the threshold of their payback (or even just haven't been released yet), - Vyacheslav Shmyrov is indignant.
Television journalist Dmitry Krylov , commenting on Vyacheslav Shmyrov's post, noted:
- It's a shame and bitter for Vladimir Naumov (president of the Academy of the Golden Eagle National Prize), and other eminent masters who went on about some momentary garbage from Nikita Mikhalkov. Vanity.
Producer Yulia Mishkinene expressed her indignation at the award nominees:
- The impression is that the academicians only had time to watch a few films. Hands did not reach others. And they never made it to the series.
The Expert Council of the Golden Eagle Prize recommended for voting:
57 full-length fiction films, 16 mini-series (up to 10 episodes inclusive) and 11 TV series
(10 or more episodes) from the premieres of the 2018-2019 season. For the award "best feature film" are fighting: "Blockade Diary" (directed by Andrey Zaitsev), "Dear comrades!" (Andrey Konchalovsky), Ice 2 (directed by Zhora Kryzhovnikov), Union of Salvation (directed by Zhora Kryzhovnikov). "Streltsov" (directed by Ilya Uchitel).
The Golden Eagle Award Ceremony will take place on January 22, 2021 in the 1st pavilion of the Mosfilm Film Concern.