As Novye Izvestia has already reported, the most powerful hurricane Ida, which hit the northeastern United States, caused a real flood, including in New York. The number of victims of floods and downpours is already 45 people.
Hardest hit by the disaster was the state of New Jersey, where 23 people died.
In the state of New York, the victims of the hurricane were 15 people. In Pennsylvania, the hurricane claimed the lives of five people. A state of emergency has been declared in New York and New Jersey.
A special page "Hurricane in New York" has been created on social networks, where people inform their relatives and friends that they are alive and well, cry for help, offer help, upload photos and video clips. Here are just a few posts from this public:
- The Lord was clearly angry with us, sending fires, earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, covid-19, wars, murders. The world is in turmoil. We are doing something wrong. But the churches are closed, and we cannot even discuss this situation, find some way out. Lord help us! Tell my people what we have to do!
- I'm alive! But please help!
“I'm in Staten Island, New York, but I've lost everything, lost everything. both things and a car. There are two meters of water in my house...
- Because of the hurricane, we were left with nothing, our house was flooded .... We would be very grateful if you would help us buy new mattresses, beds and household appliances.
- I have baby clothes for newborns and N diapers if any mommy needs it. I am in Bushwick, New York, in the Knickerbocker area. You are not alone, we can handle it!
- If you need clothes or food, please let us know, we can help.
- I feel terrible about the 45 people who lost their lives. I am glad for those with whom everything is in order. This is the worst I've seen in New York.
It is also curious that in some posts Trump was blamed for the incident! .. The reason for this was that it was under him that the United States withdrew from the Paris climate agreement. True, Biden, having won the elections, first of all returned the country to this agreement...