According to the regional Main Directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, information about the fire was received at 3:36, the fire was completely extinguished at 4:17. The incident occurred in the intensive care unit of the hospital, the area of the fire was 15 square meters. The extinguishing was complicated by strong smoke on the 1st floor and structural features of the building. However, firefighters prevented the fire from spreading further.
According to Interfax , people died due to carbon monoxide poisoning. The injured were taken to the regional disaster medicine center at the Regional Clinical Hospital. They received burns and poisoning. Two are in serious condition. Among the victims are two nurses who began to extinguish the fire before the arrival of the Emergencies Ministry. One of them received 75% of body burns.
The cause of the fire was the ignition of the wiring. "The heavy load of ventilators, the wiring could not stand it, caught fire," - said the hospital administration. According to aTASS source, we are talking about a foreign device PRUNUS Boaray 5000D.
On the fact of the death of three people, a criminal case was initiated under Part 3 of Art. 109 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (causing death by negligence). Investigators work at the scene. They intend to check the timeliness of the evacuation and compliance with the safety rules in the hospital. “It will be possible to speak unambiguously about the reasons for what happened after a series of examinations, which are planned to be appointed in the near future,” says the website of the Investigative Directorate of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation in the Ryazan region.
At the same time, the governor of the Ryazan region, Nikolai Lyubimov, instructed to check all medical institutions in the region for compliance with fire safety requirements,TASS reports with reference to the press secretary of the head of the region Denis Arapov.