- In case of fire killed five patients connected to the ventilator, - leads Tass source in the emergency services.
As a preliminary cause of the fire, a possible short circuit of the ventilator or its malfunction is called.
Currently, the fire is localized. According to the Ministry of Emergency Situations, its area was 10 square meters. Information about the dead was confirmed in the department, but did not specify the exact number of victims.
150 people were evacuated from the medical facility. The causes and circumstances of the incident are being clarified. The prosecutor's office began to verify compliance with fire safety requirements in a medical facility.
Note that St. George's Hospital was one of the first in the city to be completely redesigned into an infectious diseases hospital. All medical personnel in it provide emergency care for patients with acute respiratory viral infections and pneumonia, which also causes coronavirus infection.