A family with five children was poisoned by carbon monoxide in a fire near Novosibirsk
News

A family with five children was poisoned by carbon monoxide in a fire near Novosibirsk

13 January , 10:47IncidentsPhoto: ndn.info
A mother and five of her minor children had to be hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning in a fire in the Karasuk district of the Novosibirsk region.

According to the EMERCOM of Russia in the region, the fire started on the veranda of a private house in the village of Mikhailovka. Rescuers received a report about the incident at about 19:00 Moscow time. Firefighters managed to localize the fire within two minutes, and a little over half an hour to extinguish it completely. The fire took up 10 square meters.

The residents of the house evacuated on their own even before the arrival of the Emergencies Ministry. The victims - a woman born in 1992 and her five children - were hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning in the Karasuk Central Regional Hospital.

According to the regional prosecutor's office, the investigation into the fire was organized by the district prosecutor Nikolay Gorelov. It follows from the message of the supervisory authority that the injured family was not registered as dysfunctional. It is also known that the house was not equipped with an autonomous smoke detector.

It's worth reminding that the day before the fire claimed the lives of eight people in Yekaterinburg. Among the dead are a mother and her seven-year-old daughter. Yekaterinburg resident did not succeed to call to the local Emergencies Ministry, and then even asked for help on Twitter. Neither her nor her child was saved. Later, the social network deleted the account of the deceased.

Found a typo in the text? Select it and press ctrl + enter