Negligence during the disinfestation caused a fatal emergency with watermelons from "Magnit" shop

News
Negligence during the disinfestation caused a fatal emergency with watermelons from "Magnit" shop
Negligence during the disinfestation caused a fatal emergency with watermelons from "Magnit" shop
14 September, 09:01Incidents
The capital's Rospotrebnadzor named the probable cause of the fatal poisoning of Muscovites with watermelons.

According to the results of a study of the remains of food from the apartment of the poisoned, as well as the Magnit store, where residents of the capital bought this watermelon, it turned out that there were traces of chemical agents for the extermination of insects on it.

"The substance was used by a specialized organization to process the premises of this store", - the Moscow department of Rospotrebnadzor said in a statement.

The department noted that they examined the product for all possible reasons that could lead to poisoning, including chemical contamination.

In addition, water studies were carried out in the house at 16 Sovkhoznaya Street, where the family lived. "The study of the water showed that it does not contain any substances or concentrations that are hazardous to health. There are no risks for the residents of the house", - the department commented.

We will remind, a family of three was hospitalized last week after the grandmother, mother and child ate a watermelon. On the same day, the pensioner died in intensive care, a teenage girl died the next day. A 38-year-old resident of the capital was rescued. After the incident, it became known that three more people from the house were hospitalized with food poisoning.

investigative committee opened a criminal case.

After the incident, the Magnit network withdrew watermelons from the sale, presumably with which people were poisoned. The store itself on Sovkhoznaya was sealed.

Found a typo in the text? Select it and press ctrl + enter