Two residents of Kemerovo were gassed to death in a water well

News
Two residents of Kemerovo were gassed to death in a water well
Two residents of Kemerovo were gassed to death in a water well
20 August 2021, 09:02IncidentsPhoto: aqua-rmnt
In Kemerovo, two people died when they went down to a water well to eliminate a communal accident.

According to the regional Investigative Department of the TFR , the incident occurred on the evening of August 18. The bodies of two local residents, 53 and 29 years old, were found in a water well near one of the private houses in the Zavodskoy district of the regional center. The experts found no visible signs of a violent death.

According to investigators, a basement was flooded in the private house of a 53-year-old Kemerovo resident. Calling for help from two neighbors, he decided to cut off the water supply in the well. Sliding the hatch cover, the owner of the house began to descend.

“Suddenly he felt dizzy and fell to the bottom of the well. A 29-year-old neighbor decided to help him, however, when the man went down, he also fell, ”the message says.

When rescuers lifted the victims to the surface, both were already dead. In the UK, it is believed that the poisonous gas accumulated in the well became the cause of death.

"The investigation will have to establish the reasons and nature of the formation of gas, the organization serving this well," - explained in the UK.

The final cause of the emergency is to be determined by forensic experts.

A criminal case was initiated into the death of people on the grounds of a crime under Part 3 of Art. 109 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (causing death by negligence to two or more persons).

Earlier it was reported that during this summer, people died in several regions of the country during the repair of utility networks.

In early August, in Tatarstan, employees of correctional colony No. 5, under threat of violence, forced three prisoners without personal protective equipment to repair sewers, as a result of which the convicts were poisoned by ammonia gases.

On the fact of abuse of authority with the use of violence, with the infliction of grave consequences, a criminal case was initiated under Part 3 of Article 286 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation. The sanction of the article provides for up to ten years in prison.

At the end of June, two female prisoners in the colony PKU IK-3 of the Federal Penitentiary Service were killed while cleaning sewage in the Ivanovo region. According to the Investigative Committee , another convict and a senior dog handler of the security department tried to help the women who cleaned the sewers. They also poisoned themselves with an unidentified substance released in a sewer well and were hospitalized. On the fact of the state of emergency, the institution opened a case of negligence, which, through negligence, resulted in the death of two persons. The sanction provides for up to seven years in prison.

In mid-July, a similar incident occurred in the village of Tabory, Sverdlovsk region. There, two kindergarten employees were killed while cleaning the sewer. The preliminary cause of death is poisoning with an "unspecified substance" - accumulated poisonous gases. The Taborinsky District Prosecutor's Office organized an inspection of compliance with federal legislation in the activities of the Taborinsky Kindergarten MKDOU in connection with the death of two employees while cleaning the sewer.

According to the Investigative Committee, a criminal case has been initiated into the death of people under Part 3 of Art. 143 of the Criminal Code "Violation of labor protection requirements, resulting in the death of two people by negligence." The punishment under this part of the article can be up to five years in prison.

The Investigative Committee clarified that on July 10, in the Taborinsky district, two kindergarten employees who were involved in the maintenance of preschool educational institutions decided to fix the sewer. To do this, they went down to the sewer pit, where they felt bad. Both kindergarten employees died suddenly. Experts believe that poisonous gases accumulated in the sewers became the cause of death. According to the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the dead were a 33-year-old farm manager and a 63-year-old handyman.

Found a typo in the text? Select it and press ctrl + enter