According to his lawyer, the ex-official is ready to pay damages. This was reported by the press service of the Krasnoyarsk Regional Court.
Mitvol is involved in the case of embezzlement of 975.2 million rubles during the construction of the metro in Krasnoyarsk. In particular, he is accused of falsifying project documentation for construction. The ex-deputy head of Rosprirodnadzor was arrested on June 10 and is in custody until July 24. As previously reported, he was detained on June 8 at Vnukovo airport while trying to fly to Dubai, after which he was taken to Krasnoyarsk for further proceedings.
Today, the Krasnoyarsk Regional Court considered the appeal of Mitvol's lawyer to review the measure of restraint. He stated that the defendant had entered into a pre-trial agreement.
“At the court session, Mitvol’s lawyer asked to mitigate his client’s preventive measure, referring to the fact that Mitvol had entered into a pre-trial agreement, that he had a disabled mother, a young daughter and a non-working wife in his care, and that Mitvol was ready to voluntarily compensate for the damage”, - the press service of the court said in a statement.
The lawyer also provided personal guarantees from State Duma deputies Alexander Khinshtein and Oleg Savchenko. On June 10, Khinshtein stated that Mitvol admitted his guilt, entered into a pre-trial agreement and was cooperating with the investigation.
During the meeting, the prosecutor insisted on maintaining the measure of restraint, motivating his position by the fact that the ex-official was detained at the airport, trying to leave the country, and could try again. The state prosecution indicated the severity of the crime and the damage to the budget.
“The Krasnoyarsk Regional Court, having considered the materials provided and after hearing the parties, decided to leave the decision of the Central District Court of Krasnoyarsk unchanged, and the appeals of Mitvol’s lawyers were not satisfied”, - the publication says.