David Nabarro reacted with skepticism to the measures taken by the authorities of European countries to combat coronavirus infection. He believes that they were never able to prevent the second wave, although the first, with all its unexpectedness, was taken under control and almost extinguished.
"The European response was incomplete. They missed the opportunity to build the necessary infrastructure in the summer months", - RIA Novosti quoted the WHO special envoy as saying. If they do not build the necessary infrastructure now, they will have a third wave early next year".
David Nabarro , now there is every opportunity not to resort to such a "rough measure" as a lockdown - because you have to pay a high price for it. As for the countries of East Asia, the situation with the coronavirus there turned out to be the best precisely because of clear communication between the authorities and the population. The number of cases can be reduced primarily due to the awareness of the population. "It is necessary to wait until the indicators get low and remain so", - added David Nabarro.At the same time, according to
Earlier, WHO Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said that the number of cases of coronavirus infection detected in the last month in the world turned out to be even higher than in the first six months of the pandemic. But at the same time, "good news about vaccine trials" has been coming in in recent days, which gives hope for an early end to the pandemic, the Kommersant newspaper notes. However, Australian scientists said they fear an outbreak of measles due to the COVID-19 pandemic, REN TV notes.
By According to the WHO, in the world as of November 22, 57.2 million people were already diagnosed with coronavirus, 1.36 million became victims of the disease. The most difficult situation is in the United States, India, Brazil, France, Russia, Spain, Great Britain, Argentina, Italy and Colombia.