As you know, with his first decrees as President of the United States, Joe Biden returned the United States to WHO and the Paris Climate Agreement. He also signed a decree stopping the construction of the wall on the border with Mexico, 727 kilometers out of 800 of which have already been erected under Trump. But they are not going to demolish it yet.
Biden also lifted the restrictions imposed by Trump on entry into the United States from a number of Muslim countries - Iran, Libya, Syria, Somalia and Yemen.
- Cancellation of construction of an oil pipeline with Canada, development of US oil and gas fields
- Solving the problem of "dreamers" - young people who were illegally brought to the United States as children
- Protection against discrimination at work on gender identity and sexual orientation
- Promoting racial justice and equality in the federal government, all federal agencies will have to mention equality in their programs
- Deferral on student loan payments until September 30
- Cancellation of Trump's edict on patriotic education, where it was forbidden to criticize the founding fathers of the United States and talk about racism in schools.
Journalist Kirill Shulika commented on Biden's first decrees:
“The expected first decisions of Biden - the United States returns to the Paris climate agreement and suspends its exit from WHO, that is, remains in the organization. The issue of WHO's fault in the spread of coronavirus has been removed.
This is more good than bad. Trump's covidiotism took a lot of votes from him, and now we need to fight the pandemic, leaving the confrontation and showdown with WHO for the future. At the same time, it is obvious that the WHO and China are to blame for the pandemic, and it has to be assessed. As for the climate agreement, this is a mainstream topic in the world, like ecology, it is completely pointless to get away from it, it will overtake you anyway and you need to have answers to the corresponding challenges.
In another decision, Biden lifted the ban on the admission of migrants from Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen, which Trump introduced.
And here you need to understand the meaning of this decision. Migrants vote for Democrats. Looking ahead, Biden is bringing in voters for Harris. Well, this is a half-joke, they won't get all citizenship right away. But this is no joke, this is an increase in the loyalty of those migrants to democrats who are already citizens with the right to vote. I must say that exactly the same "import of voters" is taking place in Russia..."