The ministry indicated that the UN Security Council is not taking any action that could lead to the resumption of sanctions against Iran, RIA Novosti reported.
- Everything that Washington is doing is nothing more than a theatrical performance staged in order to subordinate the Security Council to its policy of "maximum pressure" on Iran and to turn this authoritative body into its handy tool. The number did not work, ”the Russian Foreign Ministry stressed.
The Foreign Ministry recalled that two years ago the United States withdrew from the nuclear deal with Tehran and unilaterally restored sanctions against it. Washington also began to interfere with the implementation of UN Security Council Resolution 2231.
Russian diplomats noted that the United States is now "trying to force everyone to put on" augmented reality glasses "labeled" made in USA "and perceive what is happening around Iran and the JCPOA only through them".
“But the world is not an American computer game”, - the Russian Foreign Ministry said.
The Russian ministry called the position taken by Washington on this issue a serious blow to the authority of the Security Council and a manifestation of open disregard for its decisions and for international law in general. This, the Russian politicians pointed out, is unacceptable not only for F, but also for other members of the Security Council.
The statement also says that the members of the UN Security Council last month definitely spoke about the legal and procedural nullity of the US aspirations and stated the impossibility of any action on the basis of a letter from US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, referred to by Washington. Later, the position was approved by the Security Council, and Russia fully shares it, the Foreign Ministry stressed.
- To assert now that sanctions resolutions against Iran have been restored is wishful thinking. We hope that our American colleagues will have the courage to finally face the truth and stop speaking on behalf of the UN Security Council, - the Russian department believes and indicate that “illegitimate US initiatives and actions by definition cannot have international legal consequences for other countries and lead to the emergence of their obligations to limit legitimate cooperation with Iran".
Let us remind you that Iran said that it is abandoning "the last key limitation in the nuclear deal concerning the number of centrifuges".
For the first time, the Iranian authorities abandoned a number of nuclear restrictions on the anniversary of the US withdrawal from the agreement on the Iranian nuclear program - on May 8, 2019, when it was about restrictions on the reserves of enriched uranium and heavy water.
After the second stage of the reduction of obligations began, the country noted that they would enrich uranium at the level that Iran needs. The third withdrawal from part of the obligations occurred on September 6, when Tehran announced that it returned to work with a number of centrifuges, not limiting itself in the field of nuclear research and development by the provisions of the agreements. And the fourth time this happened on November 6 - then the use of centrifuges for uranium enrichment at the facility in Fordow began, while in the framework of the "nuclear deal" it was assumed that the complex in Natanz would be the only one for such purposes.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson indicated that the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action on Iran's nuclear program could be replaced with a "Trump deal". US President Donald Trump himself agreed with Johnson.