The depiction of historical events and historical figures on the walls of Orthodox churches is a tradition.
About this RBC said the abbot of the main church of the Armed forces of Russia, Bishop Stefan Klinsky.
Also, the walls of the main military temple will be decorated with a mosaic composition depicting the 1945 Victory Parade on Red Square, where its participants are holding a portrait of Stalin, and in addition, artists are working on a panel with a plot that recalls the annexation of Crimea with the inscription "Our Crimea".
“Such a tradition exists when historical scenes from one or another historical period are depicted. It is clear that one of such significant events is the annexation of Crimea. The first persons of the state who will be represented there participated in this affiliation. As for Stalin, he was most likely copied from historical photography. This temple is being erected in honor of the Victory, and the Victory Parade cannot be depicted. There will be a number of mosaic paintings with partisans, with participants in the Great Patriotic War, with participants in the battle of 1812 and those who have gone through a series of wars related to the history of our state, ”the rector of the church explained.
Archpriest Leonid Kalinin, head of the artistic council for the construction of the temple, told the agency that the artistic composition with mosaic portraits of Putin, Shoigu and Stalin occupies a relatively small area in the total volume of interior design of the building and "reflects a historical event, based on historical data."
Earlier it was reported that the opening of the main temple of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation was scheduled for May 9 this year for the 75th anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War.
According to official information, the building is being erected with donations from citizens. Earlier, the Resurrection Fund, which collects funds for construction, reported that more than 3.5 billion rubles were donated to the temple.
According to the project, the height of the Church of the Resurrection of Christ or the main temple of the Armed Forces of Russia is 95 meters. According to this indicator, it should become the third highest Orthodox church in the world. It is second only to the Cathedral of Christ the Savior, whose height is 103 meters and St. Isaac's Cathedral - 101.5 m.