Posted 17 ноября 2022,, 07:47
Published 17 ноября 2022,, 07:47
Modified 24 декабря 2022,, 22:38
Updated 24 декабря 2022,, 22:38
Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin suggested that the residents of the capital decide for themselves whether it is necessary to decorate the city for the New Year or whether it is worth abandoning the holiday altogether in this, to put it mildly, unpeaceful period in the life of the country. “Today, when thousands of guys are fighting for the independence of our Motherland, we are faced with a choice: to give up holidays or, despite tragic circumstances, still remain human beings…” he said.
The mayor invited everyone to vote on the Active Citizen website on whether it is necessary to buy new designs for decoration, noting that, like during the Great Patriotic War, the country is going through difficulties today.
Sobyanin offered three answers:
- Celebrate the holiday, as in previous years, and send money to support the participants of the SMO.
- Decorate Moscow, but do not hold mass events, well, send money to support the participants of the SMO.
- Do not decorate the city and do not hold public events.
Sobyanin himself is sure that "it is not necessary to purchase new New Year's designs." But at the same time, he spoke in favor of the holiday (“Maybe, after all, New Year’s events should not be canceled”), citing the following arguments:
- Maybe it's better to count not the savings on holidays, but the income from them - which will allow us to send a multiple more to support the participants in a special military operation.
— Maybe there is no need to finish off small businesses that employ millions of people with artificial restrictions.
“Maybe set up charity fairs during the holidays to support the affected areas.
“Maybe not cancel, but dedicate the holiday to our soldiers and people who work tirelessly in the defense industry, build defensive structures, and restore destroyed houses.”
Meanwhile, the installation of the GUM ice rink has already begun on Red Square, the Moscow City News Agency reported.
It is curious that in their comments on social networks, almost all Muscovites spoke out against the idea of \u200b\u200bcelebration, citing various arguments, from unwillingness to contribute to the corruption of Moscow officials, to the termination of the special operation:
- As always, Moscow is celebrating, the rest of Russia is tightening their belts
- The income from the holiday is pouring into the pockets of officials who are mastering the budgets for plastic decoration - it’s not for nothing that Sobyanin is worried.
- Someone is worried that he will not earn money on holidays.
- "Fictitious Citizen" will draw everything as it should.