The author of the appeal writes that he has reason to believe that the Minister is not aware of this problem, and the officials who organized the replacement of the Navy's MP Flag are clearly hiding their "jamb"... Sheiko informs in his letter to the editor that he already has there are a couple of dozen responses to the Appeals of citizens of the Russian Federation, written on behalf of the Commander-in-Chief of the Navy, "which confirms the deviationist position of the Ministry of Defense officials".
This is what Sheiko writes about in his address:
Dear Sergey Kuzhugetovich!
Due to the fact that the appeals of the Citizens of Russia to the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, according to the Federal Law of 02.05.2006 No. 59-FZ, remain unanswered and you probably never read them, I have to contact you through the media (hereinafter referred to as the media) to solve an important issue on the fact of replacing the Banner of the Navy in the military units of the Navy's marines.
In early March 2021, a copy of the Order of the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation dated November 27, 2020 No. 630 "On the Establishment of the Emblem and Flag of the Marine Corps of the Navy" (hereinafter referred to as the Order) appeared in the media, the content of which caused a huge, growing wave of indignation and indignation of the marines, protests by veterans of military service, especially participants in hostilities and close relatives of dead servicemen.
This Order legalizes an attempt to replace the Andreevsky flag - the Banner of the Navy, approved by the President of the Russian Federation (for military units of the Navy), with an unknown "multi-colored cloth" with a pattern in the form of a bow, the main colors of which are "matched" on the basis of the form of clothing (upper, lower), and the whole motley gamut seems to have been borrowed from the adornments of gypsy wagons.
It is noteworthy that the Order was signed on November 27, 2020 - Day of the 315th anniversary of the formation of the Russian Marine Corps, but “was born” after three months. Such meanness and outright betrayal on the part of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation must still be looked for, but there has not yet been a more vile act of perverted officials subject to moral degradation, lacking military knowledge, possessing the highest degree of cynicism in relation to military history and the lowest level of mockery of the memory of the dead. !
Currently, there are no instructions from the legislative branch, regulations on the need to change so fanatically existing battle banners, flags, other military symbols, in relation to "NATO standards", including for the Navy.
During the development and signing of the Order, there are no:
a) legal grounds:
- contradicts the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of July 21, 1992 No. 798 (as amended on December 30, 2019) "On naval flags and pennants of the Russian Federation";
- distorts the idea of the structure of the Russian Navy and Armed Forces, approved by the relevant Decree of the President of the Russian Federation;
- violates Federal Law of December 29, 2000 No. 162-FZ "On the Banner of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, the Banner of the Navy, the Banners of Other Services of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and the Banners of Other Troops";
- violates the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of 13.08.1997 No. 1009 "On Approval of the Rules for the Preparation of Normative Legal Acts of Federal Executive Bodies and Their State Registration";
- does not comply with the provisions of the Ship Charter of the Russian Navy;
- contradicts the Order of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation dated 09.10.2020 No. 525 "On approval of the Rules for wearing military uniforms, departmental insignia...";
- signed in violation of the Instructions for the preparation and submission of draft legal acts of the RF Ministry of Defense.
b) economic reasons:
- the implementation of the Order will require additional financial expenditures of budgetary funds not related to strengthening the defense capability of the state and increasing the combat readiness of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation;
c) moral and ethical standards:
- completely absent.
The St. Andrew's flag has a rich military history, unfading fame, it is well known in all foreign seaports and in the sea, the flag inspires fear and horror at the enemy, but inspires sincere respect among the friends of Russia! For more than three hundred years, it proudly flies over the oceans, as a symbol of the might of the great sea power.
In the modern history of Russia, with the Andreevsky flag, the naval marines rose into battle for the inviolability of the constitutional system of our state, this flag was used to cover the coffins with the bodies of the dead, it is immortalized on memorials, memorial structures and burial places of soldiers, indicated on medals and commemorative signs, film and photo - and printed documents.
It should be noted that foreign military mercenaries who invaded the territory of the North Caucasus fired control shots at the bodies of the dead through the sleeve insignia with the image of St. Andrew's flag or the Emblem of the Navy Marine Corps, but even they did not rip off these symbols from the dead. Only the officials of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation managed to "disrupt", and to do it like this in a mean, treacherous way, and so that it would be so unnoticed ...
Perhaps for the contingent of the Ministry of Defense, numbering more than 10,000 various officials, the value of the Flag is expressed only in monetary terms, but for the Defender of the Fatherland it is a symbol of military glory, military duty, professional pride, and the fond memory of the dead.
In the course of the preliminary investigation into the substitution of the Flag of the Navy Marine Corps, it was established that your subordinates "complain" about themselves and the Navy General Committee, disputing that the Marine Corps did not have the Flag, was not approved by the order ...
First: The flag of the MP of the Navy has been in existence since 1992 and is - the St. Andrew's flag!
Secondly: the entire Russian people, the entire world community annually watch the Military Parade on Red Square and the exemplary passage of the marines with the St. Andrew's flag! What, all this was not legal?!
Thirdly: and who was supposed to "legalize" the Flag of the MP of the Navy? Citizen S.S.Sheiko, Commander of the US Marine Corps, or the Russian Ministry of Defense ???
It is also surprising that the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation and the Main Command of the Navy treat the Marine Corps of the Navy as a homeless, foster, step-child of violent behavior!
Unfortunately, the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, as a federal executive body for 29 years, has not fulfilled the Decree of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation "On naval flags and pennants of the Russian Federation" for military units, combat arms and forces of the Russian Navy, according to the Structure of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, and did not work out and made, in the established order, the necessary changes to the corresponding Decree, for example, as the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation did.
Based on the above, I PROPOSE:
- to take measures to prevent the distortion of the history of the Russian Armed Forces and the Naval Infantry, the substitution of banners, flags and other military symbols that have glorious combat traditions, significance, public recognition, and approved by the supreme governing bodies of the state.
- to conduct an official investigation into an attempt to replace the Banner of the Russian Navy by a group of persons using their official position;
- to approve by Order - the Flag of the Marine Corps of the Navy, based on the Andreevsky flag, established by the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of July 21, 1992 No. 798 "On naval flags and pennants of the Russian Federation";
- to develop Flags for all branches of the armed forces and forces of the Navy on the basis of the Federal Law of December 29, 2000 No. 162-FZ "On the Banner of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, the Banner of the Navy...", in accordance with the Structure of the Navy, taking into account the historically established traditions of the Navy and the general Rules of Heraldry.
Proposals are sent in accordance with the right of a citizen of the Russian Federation to directly participate in the management of state affairs.
Grounds: paragraph 1, article 32, the Constitution of the Russian Federation.
War veteran, Marine Colonel Sheiko S.S., Hero of Russia