Fire in a Moscow hospital: one patient died, more than 200 were evacuated
The accident happened in the capital’s hospital No. 50, in which patients with the coronavirus are treated. Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said that according to preliminary data, a patient with a confirmed COVID-19 died in an incident.
According to one version, the cause of the fire was a malfunction of the artificial ventilation apparatus. The fire has already been eliminated, and the Ministry of Emergency Situations evacuated 200 people.
According to the Moscow headquarters of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, a fire in a medical institution on Vucheticha Street began around eight in the evening on May 9. Ignition was assigned a second difficulty number. The total fire area was about 20 square meters. m
“All patients have been evacuated and will be transferred to the other hospitals,” Sobyanin said.
According to another version, the cause of an emergency could be a fire of an oxygen cylinder in an intensive care unit of 20 square meters. m, according to the Baza Telegram channel.
The Moscow prosecutor’s office began a check on the fact of the incident. According to the head physician of the hospital, all the ventilators were new.