The authorities of Yakutia, Chelyabinsk and Penza regions decided not to hold the Victory Parade, scheduled for June 24, because of the threats of the spread of coronavirus infection. Earlier, a similar decision was made in 10 more Russian regions.
"Due to the fact that in the Chelyabinsk region the ban on holding mass events continues, as well as with the risk of the further spread of the coronavirus COVID-19, based on the recommendations of physicians, the regional operational headquarters decided not to conduct the ceremonial construction of troops and equipment in Chelyabinsk on June 24", - said in a statement on the government page of the Chelyabinsk region on the social network Facebook. At the same time, over the last day in this region 182 new cases of coronavirus infection were detected, and in total about five thousand cases have been registered since the beginning of the epidemic, the Dozhd TV channel notes, which looks very modest against the background of Moscow, where almost all restrictions and the parade have been lifted will take place.
Victory Day parade in Yakutsk, previously scheduled for June 24, was also canceled due to the situation with the coronavirus, Afanasy Vladimirov, the head of the administration of the head and government of Yakutia, told TASS on Monday. On this day in Yakutsk among the mass events only the opening of the monument to the Yakut sniper will be held and military equipment will be shown; these events will be shown on local TV channels.
The governor of the Penza region Ivan Belozertsev also said that the Victory Day parade on June 24 will not be held in the region due to threats of the spread of coronavirus:
- For the sake of preserving the health of people on June 24, we will not hold a parade, we will postpone its holding to a later date. The main thing today is for us to move along the path of removing the restrictions of the high-alert mode. I think this week we will move on to the second stage of lifting restrictions and will strive to ensure that the restrictions are completely removed, - leads his words agency RIA "Novosti". In this region, 3729 cases of coronavirus infection were confirmed, 31 people died, 2935 recovered.
Earlier it became known that at least ten other large Russian cities also refused to hold the Victory Day parade on June 24 with references to the risks of the spread of coronavirus infection. The first to postpone the parade announced the authorities of the Belgorod, Tomsk, Orel regions and Perm Territory. Then authorities of the Yaroslavl, Pskov, Orenburg regions, Nizhny Tagil in the Sverdlovsk region, Mordovia and Kamchatka joined this . The head of the Pskov region, Mikhail Vedernikov, said that the authorities did not want to risk the health of citizens during the epidemic, and the acting head of the Kamchatka Territory Vladimir Solodov said about the same. Yaroslavl Governor Dmitry Mironov said that "there is still no time for mass events", notes znak.com.
In Novosibirsk and Khabarovsk, parades will be held without spectators, and the head of the Tomsk region Sergey Zhvachkin explained the refusal of a military parade in the region not by the situation with the coronavirus epidemic, but by the fact that they had never been held here before.